Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome Everyone - Check in - Gateway Users
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Gateway
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ez
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gateway - waiting for delivery Reply with quote

[quote="Buster"]I am waiting for the phone call to go pick up my new Tablet from Best Buy.
While I am waiting I have been searching out forums for this great product. I am in construction and need to sometimes add sketches to my correspondence on job sites. Does anyone know if I can load an Autocad drawing or maybe use a program like Voloviewer and then draw on top and print or send out as an attachment?
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I had an Averatec c3500 ... (not good) ... that I put Autocad on. It worked fine, though I simply used the program as usual without attempting any of the unusual tablet PC functions. It will be very interesting to see where the tablet PC takes design and engineering programs such as these. I don't think the industry has really grasped the scope of this concept yet? If they have they sure aren't proclaiming it. I wonder if anybody at Autocad is developing a tablet structured version of Autocad yet?

I have just ordered the Gateway 200x with the ATI graphics card and 2g of memory ~ anxiuos to see how it performs ... like a tablet on steroids I hope ...

Anybody using a hopped up version of the Gateway tablet please offer your input?
ez
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome Everyone - Check in - Gateway Users Reply with quote

[quote="Blindsman"]I guess since I requested this group; I'll be the first to say hello !!! Very Happy

I have an upraded CX200X --- more later.....

Rob[/quote]

I just ordered a CX200X with the ATI 600 graphics card and 2g of memory ...

How is yours performing?
Blindsman
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: My CX200X - Specs As Promised Reply with quote

Hey Folks...........

Here's my set up:

- got the ATI X600 Video upgrade
- 60 GB hard drive
- 1024 Ram
- DVD writer
- 802.11b/g wireless
- Microsoft small business edition software with the Business Tools
- the 3 year total protect warranty

I've since installed a few tools: Cornell University " 3D Journal"

for 3D drawings http://ccsl.mae.cornell.edu/research/sketch/

and Einstein Technologies TEO 3 which fully integrates the tablet pen with all OUTLOOK applications it's awesome!

http://www.einsteintech.net/TEO/

I know these wll help all immensely

let's all check in with each others occupations and wishes for our tablets

Rob
I'm in the Commercial window treatments business......I Supply Verticals, aluminuim and pvc mini blinds, and Draper manual and electric shades to Property Management.....Apartment complexes, Office buildings, Car Dealers, and Restaurants, etc......
bakerac
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Im new to the forums, but I just bought mine yesterday.

Its a Gateway CX2724

with a setup as follows:

Intel Duo 2050 (1.6Ghz)
14" widescreen
1GB RAM (hopefully upgraded to 2 GB soon)
a 100GB SATA hard drive with 5400 rpm.
DVD/RW&CD/RW
and only 128MB shared for graphics *tear*.....

and a quick question, do you guys have screen protectors? or do they come already on them?

thanks, adam.
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
The screen protectors I've used all come from Pocket PC Techs. I do not know if they have a new size for the wide screens.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
Jaymz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bakerac"]
and a quick question, do you guys have screen protectors? or do they come already on them?

thanks, adam.[/quote]

I don't know about Gateways specifically but I know several tablets come with a pre-installed "screen protector." It is very thin and won't protect against much- but is better than nothing. Pocket PC Techs are very popular for their high quality protectors.

Additionally I know specifically on the Toshibas some users find a much improved display by removing the factory screen protector which- though minimally- blurs the display. I wouldn't recomend removing any pre-installed screen protector though unless you are installing an aftermarket one.
delz
Tableteer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm the new old guy. Being retired and just working part-time training folks how to stay out of trouble with US DOT and OSHA,,,, I really enjoy having this Gateway. Mine is a CX 2726 and I'm just now really learning to utilize all the functions of the machine.

I'll probably not post much,,,, but will be reading and learning.

Hello from the gulf coast of Texas!
wermerskoch
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a CX210X about a week ago, should be here in 6 days.. Can't wait. Here's what the specs will be:
Core duo @ 1.67 GHz
1024 MB DDR2 RAM @ 667 MHz
Radeon X1400
80GB 5400 RPM HDD

Oh man, I'm excited. I can't wait to take notes in class on it (Being able to jot down equations and figures should be VERY handy)... Or play Starcraft and LOOK like I'm taking notes. Smile
Excelcior
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: M285 Reply with quote

Hey, about a month ago, I bought an M285 with my tax return. I must say that while it is a fast laptop, the tablet functionality is dissappointing. The pressure sensitivity is virtually non-existant, having about 3 levels of sensitivity. If you're an artist loking for a digital canvas, go buy something with a Wacom digitizer. My Fujitsu was LIGHTYEARS faster, smoother, and more responsive than this (even though it was a 4-year-old P3)

Does anyone know any way to 'tweak' the sensitivity levels on this? I am GREATLY missing the 256 levels of sensitivity Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Gateway All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: