Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unable to restore TC1000

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Compaq/HP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pckid
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: unable to restore TC1000 Reply with quote

I tried running the Quick Restore CD's on my TC1000 but the system does not recognize my USB CD-ROM drive until after the Windows operating system boots up. Does anyone have a suggestion for a USB CD-ROM drive that the system will boot to? Network restore is not an option for me.
dbag
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello PCKid,

follow this link [url]http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=641[/url]
and read the post from RDX. It is a very ingenieus way of doing a restore. Much faster also.

Good luck,
dbag
robojocks
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Can't find FDISK on tablet pc install cds ? use DISKPART Reply with quote

When i tried to reinstall the os on my tablet pc it kept saying it wouldnt see my new laptop harddisk. Sad So i guess it wasnt partitioned. Shocked I wanted to partition it. I couldnt find Fdisk. Shocked Instead there is a program called DISKPART.EXE. Cool The first thing to do is to find out if you have that program on your cd. If you can get to the command prompt from the GUI then you can look for it .
Examples of DOS command line .
dir /p. To see what files are in the directory.
To change directories type " cd .." Or the name "cd win32."
I found DISKPART. With this you can find out if your bios recognizes the hard disk and get it bootable to make it work.

Step 1. (at the prompt type ) > Diskpart
Step 2. ( find newly added disks) Diskpart> rescan
Step 3. ( List disks found and make a note of them) Diskpart> list disk

Disk ### status size free dyn Gpu
Disk 0 online 30gb 30gb

Step 4. Diskpart> Select Disk 0
Step 5. Diskpart> list Partition
Step 5. Diskpart>

do a search using diskpart for more information. I hope this helps. Rolling Eyes

I'll add more when i have time.
tonyminides
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Compaq TC1000 and HP TC1100 Restore/System CDs Reply with quote

I noticed many are trying to do a system restore on their Compaq TC1000 or their HP TC1100 Tablet pcs.

As far as I know, and I have been dealing intensively with tablets for the last 5 years, the TC1000 can only boot from its own usb drive or a docking station and the TC1100 can boot from a compatible USB drive, if you can find one.

I have a lot of customers who had the drives but had missing restore cds so I set up a download service for the ISO images of these cds. I can also send complete hard drives with the system pre-loaded.

The service will is available now allow anyone to burn the cds instantly.

See http://www.marknine.net/TC1000.html

Let me know if you need any help with the restore...

Thanks

Tony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Compaq/HP All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: