Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a tablet to buy for class use

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanepez
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Looking for a tablet to buy for class use Reply with quote

So I am a business Major at the UW and I think having a tablet would be very helpful.

I definitely want a convertible, no slates, even though I hear they are better for taking notes. I have to have a functional laptop where I can type as well. I think most of the time I will be typing, because I can type far faster than I can write, but there are times when the prof uses graphs etc, so tablet functionality would be very useful in those situations.

I am looking to spend about $1500. The models I have been seriously considering are these.

Toshiba M400 S5032
Asus R1
Lenovo X60

The Lenovo would be the most preferable, but it comes with a much heftier price tag. All the reviews I have been reading say that this is the best one, but I don't think I can dish out $2,000 for a tablet.

My friend bought the Toshiba M400, and it looks like a good model for the price, comes with an optical drive, and decent battery life.

The one that looks the best for me right now is the Asus R1, because of the cheaper price tag (about $1570 online), and all the specs. It has a 13.3" screen, optical drive, and basically everything I need. Right now I have a Lenovo 3000 V100 and I love it.

I would like some information from people who have actually held these laptops, typed on the keyboards, brought them to class, etc. What do you think? What are the upsides? I am not only looking for info on just these machines, but any of the other tablets as well.

Any information would be great!
charactereducation
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm its not a big problem dude, if you want some thing new than apple is the best company, i have been using the same you are using its a good one though but now a days apple is the best company which is providing many facilities, you should go for this, Toshiba is so so coz i am not satisfied with that, or you can go to internet for search new models.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: