Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need URGENT help - pen not working

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Tablet PC General Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vl1
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: need URGENT help - pen not working Reply with quote

my father came back from Canda and brought me CX2620. The pen is not working.
The computer is new, even with plastic films. NOT broken, not dropped, etc.
I started it. First it WAS working, but i could only "point" with it. I mean to move the mouse. I COULD not click or double click. then in a while it stopped working completely.

The problem is there is no way to get it to warranty or to get it back. I live in Ukraine, thats REALLY far, and i even have no possibility to receive another pe by mail.

so am asking for help here. maybe someone knows anything....
my thoughts: maybe no driver installed (however its new), maybe driver damaged and so on.
is there anything to be done with the pen? maybe i could open it, do something.
is there ANY way to replace it with something (ANYTHING, even it it would not fin in the pen hole). anyway, fingers and pocket pc stylus obviously not working.

any ideas, or i really need to replace it?

THANX A LOT
Jaymz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you live in Ukraine? I am Ukrainian- though I haven't been I am probably transfering to school in Russia after this year, after I complete a semester of study abroad to learn Russian =D I would like to visit Ukraine, my family came from Mykolayiv/Nykolayiv (may have spelling wrong)...

Anyway... The first thing I would do is probably try updating drivers (well first go into your pen settings via the control panel, and make sure you don't have like the pen turned off in settings or anything). Go to Gateway.com and grab any drivers for the pen-interface they offer. Make sure your on XP TE: SP2 (XP Tablet Edition: Service Pack 2) and essentially make sure your running the latest of everything related to the pen.

It's unlikely this will fix it, but it shouldn't take long and won't be hard to do once you find the drivers so it's worth trying first. If that doesn't work I would try doing a complete recovery using the disk the computer should have come with.

If that doesn't work it's likely a hardware problem. If warranty or such is out of the question I would probably try to order a new Gateway pen online (the gateway tablet uses a weird digitizer so only gateway pens will work) or see if someone nearby has one you can try out.

If any of that is too complicated let me know and I can type some more detailed explanations. I don't know how computer savvy you are.

Oh also only the pen will work, the Gateway tablet uses an active digitzer which means only a supported pen will work. The huge benefit to this is you can rest your arm on the screen while writing- as you would with paper. A few tablets have a touch-screen which allows you to use anything to input to the screen (a finger, any pen, etc.) but then you can only touch the screen in that one place at that time kind of thing.

Hope it works out, keep us posted!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i think so... [URL=http://buymotrin.blogspot.com]Smile[/URL]
kteman
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Pen battery Reply with quote

All,
There is DEFINITELY A PEN IN THE CX2620 stylii. I just replaced mine with a AAAA battery. The old one (which is a AAAA size, you can find these inside 9-volt batteries) had acid buildup on its positive end and that is why the pen went inactive. There is a lot of debate over this pen problem and I guarantee 90% of the time it's related to the battery. I can do a clean replace on anybody's CX2620 pen/stylii with a fresh battery for $10. If interested email me at [email]kevinteman@hotmail.com[/email] . You pay for shipping, your total about $17 or so. I have never done this before but I just replaced mine flawlessly so I can do others. I know there are a lot of dead stylii out there and people don't know what to do, took me a while to figure it out.

Thanks,
Kevin Teman
kevintemanAThotmailDOTcom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Tablet PC General Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: