Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 am Post subject: LE1600 padfolio/bump case, Win 7 installation tips + more
I'll be brief as there are already some posts here on the forum. This is more of an update... (for padfolio/bump case, see below)
1. You don't have to mess with Atheros WLAN drivers as suggested in another post. Just download the XP Atheros driver pack for LE1700
2. Had to install Authentec drivers manually from http://www.authentec.com/win7beta32.cfm
3. Audio: use LE1600 XP v11 drivers (as suggested)
4. Had problems with graphics driver (corrupt after downloading it from Windows Update center). Use latest XP Pro drivers available from Intel website (142550)
5. Bluetooth installed via Motion Dashboard for LE1700
Everything else works out of the box. Didn't install Intellisonic DX (didn't work) and I also disabled TPM - it's a v1.1, so BitLocker won't really work with it. That's why I also went from Ultimate to Win 7 Pro (no need for extra features whill I'll never use and just slow down my tablet). If you want to use TPM, you can first install the LE1600 Vista version (3.0) and then LE1700 Win7 version (3.6). Installing v3.6 directly results in an error (at least for me).
Installed using USB drive and a USB keyboard, used UltraISO in the process.
Installing Wacom driver disables pressure sensitivity in Art Rage, so I uninstalled it.
NOD32 v2.7 works perfectly.
Ink Flash cards: I uploaded the archive to Rapidshare: rapidshare com/files/305664372/Ink_Crossword__Ink_Flashcards.rar.html . Unpack it, and then manually copy the files to appropriate locations (the automatically extracting solution posted elsewhere didn't work for me). Note, these are x86 versions.
MathJournal 2.1 - get a trial version from www.mathpc.com. Before installing it, set the date to e.g. 2015, install MJ, then set the date back. Works for me
Now, I have a couple of question and I'd appreciate if you guys could help me:
- I'm looking for a padfolio with some sort of a lock system for the tablet that would provide some cushioning and protection (especially for the screen). I was looking at http://www.elegantpackaging.com/MoldedSewnProducts/OEMProducts/MotionComputing/LESeries/tabid/102/Default.aspx#leatherport, but I'm not paying $100+ for it. Any other ideas? It has to be a padfolio (the leather is really the least important here!), I don't want a bump case or anything similar (see below). I know HP TC1100 tablets have a similar thing, and I've seen Fujitsus with a similar solution too...
- What else do you guys use to carry the tablet around? I'm afraid I might break the screen if I put the tablet in my school bag (I'm a grad student). I also don't want an extra bag just for the tablet - that's why a padfolio would work the best as it is small enough so I can always put it in my bag... In any case, the bag/case should be hard, so that it can protect the screen (slip cases won't do) (EDIT: I was looking at what Fujitsu has to offer for their Stylistic tablets, but it seems that those portfolios will be too long and too narrow)...
- Can anyone recommend me a screen protector that works the best against fingerprinting. I read all the posts on this topic, but I just don't want to spend $70 on a single sheet of plastic (I have writeshields in my mind)
And finally: I have a brand new, never used, in original packaging bump case for LE1600/LE1700. I know I'll never need it, so I'd like to exchange it for a padfolio discussed above (not necessarilly made by Elegant/Motion, as long as it is build specifically for LE1600 - leather is definitely not a must!). I could also sell the bump case, but I'd prefer avoiding all the hassle and just exchange it. Let me know! Thanks!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum