Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portege M200 troubles

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kari
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Portege M200 troubles Reply with quote

Hello Tablet PC Talk forumers!

I have to admit, I've never experienced graphic tablets or any other similar devices (including the simplest touch-screen devices) so I still consider it a new-era technologies.

I've been lucky enough to find Toshiba Portege M200. After googling I found out it was a tablet PC.
After googling and working on it a bit more (without any internet connection with the device itself) I've installed new nvidia drivers (FX Go5200 32m), reinstalled the OS so it became a Tablet PC Edition (It was quite hard to find the working version on the Internet), cracked the activation (since I didn't want to connect it to the Internet) and so on.
Now I'm meeting two problems:

1. How do I flip the desktop while changing the device to a tablet mode (by switching monitor position so the device looks flat) ?

2. I see, the digital pen (or how is this device called?) is lost so which pen should I buy so It will work? Do I have to buy Toshiba specific pen or it can be any other digital pen?

3. Tell me if I am right or not: Simply touching the screen with my finger [aka the touch screen device] won't affect at all, right? I think so because all of my attempts to influent the desktop icons by poking them with my finger failed.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. You might consider me a total noob and that'll be right. Very Happy
p.p.s. Pardon my bad French, I am pretty much Russian.
Kari
Tableteer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPD: I've solved all the problems by myself.
Anyway, thanks for any upcoming help. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: