Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help: Input Panel Language Problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Compaq/HP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenmsl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Need help: Input Panel Language Problem Reply with quote

All,

(Just posted this same problem at Tablet PC Buzz and hoping this will give me some extra coverage!)

I have the English OS installed on my TC1000 and recently installed the Korean text recognizer pack so I could have Korean characters on my Input Panel keys. (Sure, I could have installed the Korean OS from the beginning, but I actually like my menus in English plus I've noticed some issues with installing English software on top of the Korean XP OS on my desktop...)

Problem is, every so often, when I turn on my Input Panel, the Writing Pad (second tab from the right) will say "Writing Pad (German)" and not "Writing Pad (English)" which was how it was before I installed the text recognizer pack (see attached image)! Trying to write English text when the Writing Pad is in its "German" state will get me a bunch of unrecognizable words as my TC1000 can't seem to access the English dictionary at this time.

This behavior is totally random and will unexpectedly switch back to "Writing Pad (English)" at a future boot. Rebooting is the only way to get this to toggle, but it could be 5, 10 or 15 boots later when the Writing Pad will change back -- there's no way to control the outcome.

The problem has been going on now for about three months and I have yet to see a pattern or method to this madness. I've tried fiddling around with all the Regional and Language Options settings under Control Panel with no success. Even if I knew how, I don't want to uninstall the text recognizer pack because the keyboard stays in English/Korean mode even when the Writing Pad goes German. Korean handwriting recognition also works flawlessly, only English is affected. Go figure...

Any assistance would be MUCH appreciated!

Regards,
Ken Hong
Seoul, Korea
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Compaq/HP All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: