Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using Tablet pc in Psychology

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Physician's SIG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shrinktech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Anyone using Tablet pc in Psychology Reply with quote

Anyone out there using atablet pc in a psychology practice? Considering an Acer C111Tci but would love to know others experience before making final choice. Thanks for the feedback.
MG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: psychology and tablet PC Reply with quote

I am exploring the same idea as you, and let me know if you hear anything.
digital-doc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many docs use TPCs in their psych practices just using the native application Journal.

I use a specific EMR with both an Acer C110 and a Scribbler 2010. I often hand the patient one of my TPCs to fill out a check box [b]query on their condition[/b], which is incorporated into my EMR.

Whatever you do with a pen and paper in your existing practice, you can do on a TabletPC.

[url=http://www.digital-doc.com/C2/EMR.htm]TabletPCs in a Medical Environment[/url]

"Good software makes us think, good hardware and software, changes our lives."
David Drehmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: A Psych Oriented EMR-- ICANotes Reply with quote

Last week I decided to automate my structured progress note. I was pretty happy with the form filler available in Acrobat and my revised note until I discovered a product named ICANotes. ICANotes is, among other things, a psychiatric report writer driven by simple button pushing. Its format is ideally suited to a tablet environment. You see the report as it is being written and can immediately modify it to suit your needs. The program contains a very thorough reporting of an initital interview, progress notes and comprehensive treatment planning. Most importantly, the report generation features are customizible by easily written user additions that are stored as additional buttons on the data entry screens.

I understand that billing interfaces are also available, but I have not tried them. So far, the notes and reports that I have produced benefit from a careful reading and minor editing. The drudgery of report writing and documentation of psychotherapy (and perscription management for psychiatrists) has largely evaporated. Both web and standalone versions are available.

Service from the vendor is the best I've ever seen. Even before my copy arrived by next day Federal Express, I had a phone call from the vendor explaining that they had discovered a bug (in the perscription and med management sections that I don't use)along with an apology and a promise to send a revised disk as soon as they could get them printed. When I inquired by phone I got a hands on walkthrough of the product, an offer for free after the purchase training (mandatory for their maney back guarantee).

I have no affiliation nor financial benefit from this product. I am just an enthusiastic new user of a product that looks to simplify my practice. ratings: Product 4/5, Service 5+/5.

David Drehmer
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Tony Zambito

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Psychology Use of Tablet PC - Need Interview Subjects for Re Reply with quote

I represent a firm called Goal Centric. We are conducting a study on behalf of the Psychological Corporation (Harcourt Assessment) on evaluating the use of the Tablet PC for producing electronic versions of their protocol forms such as the WISC. If you would like to participate by being interviwed, please email tony@goalcentric.com. We are also seeking on-site visits in California to demonstrate the Tablet PC and the use of protocol forms.
John Roberts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Tablet PC and Psychology Practice Reply with quote

I am also considering the use of a electronic tablet. My scheduling and billing is already on computer (Therapist Helper) and I bought a new laptop earlier this year. So, what I am looking for is a tablet that will link to my notebook -- optimally with a wireless connection --- and a software program that is good at translating my handwriting into text. In my case this could be challenging as I am often told (by loved ones) that my handwriting is difficult to read.
Jaymz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the issue I noticed with turning handwritten notes to text. You write ALOT bigger than type, so when you convert your handwriting to text it turns into something like:

Blah this is just random words
oh look it turns the writing so small
that it doesnt hit an edge of the paper
or document anymore
because yea.

instead of handwritten text being "neat" and formatted properly. Maybe theres a way around this, and I dont evenhave a tablet yet so cant say for sure. But while playing at BestBuy that was an obvious issue.

However come December 25th I will be a proud owner of a new M200 with 1.8Ghz, bluetooth, intel b/g wireless, and sadly only 512mb of ram but I will steal ram from my current desktop to up that to 1 gig prolly.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Physician's SIG All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: