Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reinstall Windows

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Help ME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reinstall Windows Reply with quote

I have a Fujitsu 3500 stylistic that I need to reinstall windows on because the user and administrator do not remember the darn passwords? The problem is that I cannot get the machine to boot from floppy or CD rom (both usb devices). Anybody know of any solutions that may be able to help with this problem?

Thanks
Scott
JetPilotJF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reinstall Windows Reply with quote

Take the hard drive out of the tablet and install it into a desktop as a slave. Format the drive with the /s parameter so that it is bootable, then copy the entire windows xp installation CD to the hard drive. Now reinstall the drive into the tablet, and when it boots, run the windows setup file, and you are good to go. Note: You will need an adapter to connect the tablet HD to the desktop, they are avaiable at CompUSA for about $10.00. Good luck.
DocRobbs
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: This may work for you guys Reply with quote

I found an easier way than taking out the hard drive.

I use Acronis true image (I think I have ver 7 last years ver)
It's easier if you can install in windows but it still worked for me without it.

It uses a linux kernel to allow booting and fixing a drive thru a network, USB,Firewire.

I don't know how it booted to the USB for me but it did. Saved my but.

I then had an image of a early install and it cleaned the drive and then literally made a new install. you could also get an image of all the install files and work from there. Thats what one of our IT guy's did. He put them on a large USB thumbdrive. He starts up acronis and then goes from there.

Hope this works for you. It sure would be easier if it's used to make the images before you need then though.
Jaymz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your BIOS not detect it as a standard CD drive when plugged in via USB? I would imagine it does, to test just reboot with the USB already plugged in, enter BIOS, go to your CD Drive option and I would imagine it would be loaded. The only posibility for it not showing up that I can imagine would be if you have never used it before.

However, I am speaking from what would seem logical not personal experience. Another option would be to contact M$, im sure this is a very common problem and theres gotta be a fix somewhere.
ajg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a linux-based floppy utility to reset the user or admin password. "Experienced user only". You will lose all encrypted data and stored certificates etc, but it's quick and it does work. You'll need a USB keyboard (unless you have an IR one). Google it: "linux password reset disk"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: