Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Litepad: can't establish wireless connection

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necowner
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Litepad: can't establish wireless connection Reply with quote

i have a new nec versa litepad. my problem is that i cannot connect it via wireless to any wireless hubs.

unlike previous threads, i cannot establish a connection. i have downloaded and installed the wireless network connection mananger software driver:

(http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/FAQs/display/default.htm?itemID=2001565

the wireless connection manager claims to establish a connection, but i am unable to ping or load web pages after this declaration.

i have attempted the connection with several different wireless hubs -- and, i have attempted the suggestions of applying "low power mode", etc.

any suggestions? thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Newcomer! I suppose you have an Access Point. If you do then when connecting to the Wi-Fi network, unplug the LAN cord. Go to Control panel and double click Network Connections. You'll find Wireless Network and Local Area Connections. Double click Wireless Network and configure it using Microsoft Network Client. Make sure your have the wireless network card drivers installed. Do not encrypt with WEP or WAP. Reboot your computer and see if will connect. If you are unsuccessful, I would suggest you reinstall a fresh Windows Xp Tablet Edition and set up the wireless network.
Goodluck.
Pez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased a LitePad and I can only connect to my wireless network if I turn off the WEP security option on my wireless hub. I am new to Windows so perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Can the LitePad wirk with WEP?
Global Mobility
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pez,

The wireless LAN manager that came installed with your LitePad does not seem very refined and has a few bugs in it. You should always use WEP with your wireless network when the option is available to you. The easiest approach is to have Windows XP handle your wireless connection.

There is a checkbox in the advanced settings for your wireless chipset to allow Windows to take over for your wireless client software. Entering your WEP key is easier with SP2 since you can see what your typing.

Regards,
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: