Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone ever tried the CF Bluetooth adapter?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pekkle
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Anyone ever tried the CF Bluetooth adapter? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Going to purchase one soon, and since I need internet connection on the road, and NEC doesn't seems to be able to use a pcmcia slot, so I was wonder if the CF slot work with a CF bluetooth adapter? I need it to connect to my phone so I can setup a GPRS or even EDGE connection.. anyone every tried this before?
pixelbrat
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Socket CF Bluetooth card that I plan on trying as soon as my Litepad arrives. (Just bought it used last night on ebay so I should have it by Friday.) I'll should be able to post the results, hopefully by this weekend.
Pixlebrat
Jphbucks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this helps, but I'm using a D-Link DB -120 Bluetooth USB dongle, and it works very well.
Global Mobility
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are planning on the Socket CF bluetooth card, make sure that the firmware is revision G or higher. Anything lower will not work properly with Windows--very buggy.

The Socket card is appealing for LitePad owners as the card sits flush when inserted whereas other manufacturers have at least 5-10mm sticking out for the incorporated antenna.

Revision D-F = ... BT chipset
Revision G,H = CSR BT Chipset

Regards,
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: