Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[b]Sierra Wireless Cards on Compaq Tablet PC[/b]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Tablet PC General Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashgordon
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: [b]Sierra Wireless Cards on Compaq Tablet PC[/b] Reply with quote

Has anybody tried installing a Sierra Wireless card in a Tablet PC and if so, how do you get it to work? I have a Compaq and have not been able to get the card to work. I have a friend from T-mobile and his card works in his laptop and his T-mobile CE Phone. So we know we have a working network and card. Is it a XP thing? Any help would be appreciated. I have T-mobile doing some research with Sierra but who knows how long that will take. Thanks! Michael in Minnesota
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Did you try contacting Sierra Wireless www.sierrawireless.com for an XP driver?
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
flashgordon
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Sierra Card and Compaq Tablet Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, I did go to Sierra's website and got their XP software. There were no specific XP Tablet PC installers however if that matters.

I'm working with a local Sprint dealer and they said they would install for free. So we'll see how far they get.

Any other feedback would be appreciated.

Michael
randyskog
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Sierra wireless card Reply with quote

Flash
I use the Sierra card on my ViewSonic. It took some time to get it going.
It worked most of the way driving on the interstate to Florida.
Once it works the connection seems pretty stable.
(There have been several times when it stopped connecting and started again).
My best suggestion is to reboot when you insert the card.
If you scroll to Settings /network connections in the Start menu and see the icon there click on it and you can see if the transfer is working.
Sometimes, you may have to remove and reinsert the card.
Make sure to use the task bar hardware removal icon to eject the card .

If your use Google or another fast loading site it speeds up the testing process.
re
flashgordon
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Sierra Card Response Reply with quote

Hi,

I couldn't even get the card to get going at all. I had a local Sprint dealer install a Novatel card and that worked. So I would say that the Novatel works much easier than the Sierra Card. T-mobile's tech support never even called me back for the Sierra card help. Their customer service is terrible. So I'm going to go with Sprint and the Novatel card. Plus Sprint has an unlimited plan for $100 a month. My advice to anybody looking at a wireless card is to work with a dealer that has local support so you can get help if you need it and don't want to waste your time.

Thanks,
Michael
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Tablet PC General Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: