Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reinstalling Windows 2000 on Fujitsu Stylus 3500

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jens198
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reinstalling Windows 2000 on Fujitsu Stylus 3500 Reply with quote

Hi,

I own a Fujitsu/Siemens Stylus 3500 with a 15GB harddrive. I bought the device with preinstalled Windows 2000. A few weeks ago I had some severe problems with the windows installation (several system files were missing while booting the device) and I decided to format the harddrive and reinstall windows. Well, and that's my basic question. How the heck can reinstall windows to that beauty?

The main problem is, that I can't get the thing booted from a floppy drive or cd-rom. USB pluged in devices are not recognized as a boot device. Neither a floppy drive that's connected to the floppy port of the tablet pc it self.

After these first tries I pulled out the harddrive, installed it into my laptop (which has of course a built in CDROM), booted from the windows cd and installed windows. Everything went fine till I reinstalled the harddrive into the tablet pc -> windows crahsed in the middle of the boot process. Seems like it's a problem when you install windows on a different machine.

So, can anyone give me some advices on how to get windows on that thing?

Any help welcome.

cu
Jens
Jaymz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows installs are different based on certain hardware, IE you can't just switch the HDD into a different machine. Certain hardware, Motherboard for sure, isn't "plug and play" and will require a fresh re-format.

I would reccomend trying to get your hands on a bootable USB drive. Try checking some other sites that may cover that, or if your like me go to Best Buy, Buy one, use it and then tell them it [b]wasn't[/b] bootable and return it =P Of course I got lucky the first one I tried was bootable and the person working there didn't know what was going on so just took it back easily.
minimage
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I move OSes into other machines several times a year, I don't think it's necessarily doable in this case, because the trick is to boot the setup cd and run an in-place repair install after the move. It's probably best to do a fresh install, anyway; I just can't be bothered.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: