Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote Tutoring

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray Whale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Remote Tutoring Reply with quote

I would like to connect over the internet with another Tablet PC in a manner which allows me -
to see what the other person is WRITING,
to hear what the other person is SAYING as they write, and perhaps
to see the other person's videocam'ed FACE as they are writing.

Of course, the other person must also be able to do the same at their end as I WRITE, TALK, & make FACES.

Perhaps others are doing this already for remote tutoring applications?

Or, perhaps someone reading this might be interested in participating and experimenting as I try to do this?

GW (au432@lafn.org)
Champagnedrinker
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you just use NetMeeting, and set the shared application to be whereever the student is drawing, and use a Webcam for both the speech and the video?
aggarwal
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Remote Tutoring Reply with quote

Is there something similar to VNC?
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You can accomplish what you described (writing, typing and video camera) via MSN Messenger.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Amazing Reply with quote

I think that that is a brilliant idea.
bcarrington

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: USING TABLET PC FOR TUTORING Reply with quote

I have been tutoring online students for 4 years. When they take courses like Math or Chemistry, the Tablet PC is an ideal choice. Writing formulas or using Math Type is very difficult compared to using a stylus pen. It would speed up the process. Ever tried to type a Chemical formula?
jpremoli
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Remote Tutoring Reply with quote

Hello Gray and All of You,
Making some research on the internet I found your posting about online tutoring. I'm also pursuing to find the best and cheapest technological solution to share what I write on my Tablet online. Please, let me ask you more about your experience. How much have you advanced with your research? Which is the best option so far?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Juan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: