Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Engineering students out there???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satterjm
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Any Engineering students out there??? Reply with quote

I am in my second year of college and I am an Electrical Engineering major. I am looking for the best Tablet for notes and whatever I might need. I would like to scan my books on there too, but anyway, I am not worried about the price as much. I just want the best slate/hybrid for school I can get. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.
Jaymz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try taking a look at the TabletPCTalk Comparison. Since all tablet PCs run the same software and basic hardware no system is "technically" going to be better for school. The only factors will be actual hardware (such as battery life, speed, memory) and size (is it too heavy, too big?) etc.
alinosa
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently in my third year of the BS/EE program at UTSA. I use a Gateway 2618 Tablet and have found that A) I love having a tablet, B) It's kind of heavy, and C) you get what you pay for. One of the guys in my Logic Design has a Fujisu (I think ) Tablet and when compared to mine, they are almost identical on paper. Same CPU, RAM, etc... But his weighs half of what mine does and it's smaller to boot. We've got approxiamtely the same size screen to write on too. He paid $2K, I paid $1350.

If you can find one that has a really high resolution, i think you'll enjoy the benefits of scanning your books a little more. One caveat: I had that idea too. It is A LOT of work to scan a text book and have the pages come out clean. I scanned my Engineering Analysis text (Diff Eq's and Linear Algebra) and it took quite awhile. I had the benefit of using the SCSI Xerox scanner at work and it was still a chore. Not to mention the binding took a severe beating in the process. I DID manage to PDF all the relevant chapters from the book and save myslef a couple pounds on my back though.

Good Luck
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: