Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need your Toshiba Portege 3500 or M200 Restored Factory?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BayCityServices
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Need your Toshiba Portege 3500 or M200 Restored Factory? Reply with quote

Hello,

I own a Computer Repair Shop in Mobile, AL as most of you that own a Toshiba Portege 3500 or M200 know they have a slight issue being restored with the factory CDs the problem lies in the cdrom(or more specficly the motherboard, it will not support any other CD Driver other than Toshiba's) since the modles were not manufactured with a built in cdrom drive you must purchase a standalone one... and sadly if you dont purchase the model by toshiba that is unreasonably priced at arround $400 it still will not boot from cd.. and will not restore also there was rumor that you could get any 3 1/2 Standalone Floppy drive and boot up with a floppy disk.. not true.. i've tested this and the boot floppy will not load drivers for any standalone cdrom execpt toshiba's so. now i have devoloped a system to reinstall thease models (3500,M200 etc.) and if any of you would like me to do so for you i'd be glad, if you'll pay shipping both ways and $100 labor, i can do this in less than 48 hours in most cases, my system is rather complex it uses a 2k3 server and a few other servers and tools.. no cdrom needed all i'd require is you to ship me the machine along with your restore cds beacuse the cds are licensed to you, toshiba dosent provide cdkeys so the licnese is on the cd.. please feel free to check out my website http://www.baycityservices.com my contact info is published there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh

Bay City Computer Services
Jaymz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all thumbs up for people willing to fix things that can be complicated.

However.
[quote]and sadly if you dont purchase the model by toshiba that is unreasonably priced at arround $400 it still will not boot from cd[/quote]

is just not true. There are running lists on other forums about what External Drives are bootable, and while it is true that some are not, many in fact are. In fact, I made a complete guess and went with one (think it was around $100) at Best Buy and the first one I got worked absolutely fine. In fact it turned out to be free because I returned it later =P College student budget and all ya' know..

It is in fact the drive's enclosure that determines a drives "bootability." If you purchase an enclosure for $20 off NewEgg.com, and it does work to boot- any optical drive inside the enclosure will be sufficient.
absessler
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have the restore over network restore running for my 3500 (Thank you to everyone who contributed to that!), I am willing to do anyone’s laptop if they want me to. It literally takes me about 30 minutes per laptop to restore it, and I am willing to do it for free if you will pay shipping both ways. I would like to try and give something back to those who helped me get mine up and running.

PM me if you are interested.

Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: