Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T4220 dual monitor issue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladydi
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: T4220 dual monitor issue Reply with quote

Hopefully this will help someone else because I couldn't find any info on the web to help me.

My company recently bought seven T4220 Tablets. I set them all up (with my standard image using my volume license software of XP tablet edition) and then I handed them out to the users who promptly docked them. But when they were docked, the external monitor wouldn't work until they logged into windows or used FN+F10 on the tablet keyboard. Then the external monitor would work fine until the tablet was used outside the docking station and then re-docked. Neither our T4210 nor our T4215's have this problem. I spent a couple of days on the phone with Fujitsu support and after making me jump through many many hoops, they admitted that they had the same results in their lab. They called it a "feature"

Other than this and random video issues with our projector, the laptop has worked fine. It seems as though it is a bad driver issue with the Intel 965 chipset or some sort of firmware issue, but the tech support person I spoke to said that she could escalate me to engineering, but "it could be a while before anything was done" and then there was the hesitancy in her voice that made me feel as though I was up a creek without a paddle and they didn't care.

Meanwhile, I will work with our vendor to get these "broken" units returned.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: