Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AVRCP/A2DP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> General Software Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myk_Myk
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: AVRCP/A2DP Reply with quote

Hi,
My first post here! I have the Acer TravelMate C310, and Plantronics 590a stereo BT headphones.

I've tried searching the internet and these forums and haven't found what I need. Right now I have to plug the transmiter into the headset jack to receive stereo from my tablet to my headset. Aren't there drivers that would allow me to not need the transmitter (A2DP) and use the buttons on the headset (AVRCP) to control WM?

Thanks,
Mike
Jaymz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a product specific thing I think. I would try looking at their website or asking their customer support. They may have drivers for it, but your headset should have come with them if there are.

How does it work in a normal computer? To this capacity it should work no different in a Tablet PC than any other PC.
Myk_Myk
Tableteer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's been awhile since I first asked about this. At the time I found some info that IBM was working on a profile for one of their laptops, but I'm pretty much coming up empty handed (often my searches list this thread!).

When I first searched even before this thread, I found something that looked like a profile for AVRCP, but the site was so cryptic that I wasn't sure it was what I needed. Plus it was $40, so I didn't jump on it. Now I can't find it again...

Odd that many phones have this ability, but it doesn't seem to be being developed for PC. I guess many more are using BT technology with phones than PCs. Still it would be awesome to be able to control playback functions on a PC, from a stereo BT headset, while listening to music around the house!

I haven't really spent a lot of time on this, but I'll keep you posted, and would love to hear some good news!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> General Software Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: