Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recovery CD needed help!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelwell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Recovery CD needed help!!! Reply with quote

Hi
I bought the Toshiba tablet pc at my trip to Japan last week.
I thought it would be easy to re-install a new English version Winxp tablet vesion on it.
But I was wrong.
I desperately need the english toshiba recovery cds.
Could anyone help me?
I can not read Japanese, it is very hard for me to keep use this machine with that language.

Please give me some help !! thanks!
ProtoFrag
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

I just ordered the tablet pc and should get it this week. Anyways, Im thinking if you are still in the bind i might be able to send you an image of the backup cd i get, such as an nrg or iso file that you could burn to a cd and use that. Well lemme know what ya think!
michaelwell

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Reply with quote

[quote="ProtoFrag"]I just ordered the tablet pc and should get it this week. Anyways, Im thinking if you are still in the bind i might be able to send you an image of the backup cd i get, such as an nrg or iso file that you could burn to a cd and use that. Well lemme know what ya think![/quote]

It has been 3 months from I post the first message on this forum.
Nobody answered me, besides you.
Thank you very much.

I do really need the recovery CD.

I live in Taiwan.
So... Can you put the image file at any place ( ex: ftp) for me to download?

Thanks again, sincerely.
ProtoFrag
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, i havent gotten mine in yet, ive had some problems with credit cards, because believe it or not my dad lives in beijing. ok, when i get it i will make an iso and see how big it is. If it is really big i will set up a server at my house and give you the link to the file, but i live in the US. If it isnt too big i know an ftp server that i can put it on that wont be too far away from you. or else i can copy it and just send you the cd or give it to my dad to take and he'll send it to you from beijing. Just lemme know what ya think.

Brent
michaelwell

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ProtoFrag"]Alright, i havent gotten mine in yet, ive had some problems with credit cards, because believe it or not my dad lives in beijing. ok, when i get it i will make an iso and see how big it is. If it is really big i will set up a server at my house and give you the link to the file, but i live in the US. If it isnt too big i know an ftp server that i can put it on that wont be too far away from you. or else i can copy it and just send you the cd or give it to my dad to take and he'll send it to you from beijing. Just lemme know what ya think.

Brent[/quote]

HI
The 3 recovery CDs are about 1.5GB
I can download the files at 130KB/s.
So if your upload speed is fast enough,
( ex: about 40kb/s, it will take 11 hrs for me to download)
I prefer download the iso file directly from the internet.
I think it is very un-convenient for you to send the copy-cd from US to Beijing, and your dad has to send it to me.

I feel very lucky with your help. Thanks.
postdeals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a format and restore, and now whenever I click on STANDBY in WINDOWS XP it crashes and restarts the windows ( it goes to blue screen and restarts) does it very quickly. Anyone has any issues with this? Also email me I created a External USB Boot Disk which works for restoring. My USB CD drive is LiteON and I used this Floppy created by Toshiba but modified the drivers and it worked fine. Also the restore is weird, it restored everything but I had to manually install drivers and programs one by one. Has anyone here restored a Toshiba 3500 and had similar issue?

Please email me postdeals@hotmail.com or PM me on www.postdeals.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I just bought the Toshiba m200, I can either send you a copy of the recovery via mail or put a temporary ftp. I have a 10 mbits duplex connection,but its routing outside Europe is slow. Im sending you an email so please reply to that email as I might not visit this forum for some time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: M200 recovery disk Reply with quote

Could someone please post this recovery disk? It would be greatly appreciated!!!
atoi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: M200 recovery disk Reply with quote

[quote="guest"]Could someone please post this recovery disk? It would be greatly appreciated!!![/quote]

hi there,
maybe i get the image too. I recently bought the tablet from ebay and i needed the recovery disk. if so, please email me : protech88@yahoo.com

thx.
JRara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Recovery CDs Reply with quote

Can you please contact me at roguespear_1999@yahoo.com I need to a copy of those recovery CDs. I am willing to pay you with some cash.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: