Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recovery CD needed help!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also need the revovery CD/DVD and have enough webspace so someone can upload it!
my email: bartel_verkruijssen@hotmail.com
cuchicuchicoo
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: HELLO I DID YOUR HELP ON MY TABLET I NEED CD RECOVERY Reply with quote

[quote="Guest"]Hi
I just bought the Toshiba m200, I can either send you a copy of the recovery via mail or put a temporary ftp. I have a 10 mbits duplex connection,but its routing outside Europe is slow. Im sending you an email so please reply to that email as I might not visit this forum for some time.[/quote]

CAN YOU EMAIL ME PLEASE MY EMAIL IS CUCHICUCHICOO@AOL.COM
bcs1
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ProtoFrag"]Alright, i havent gotten mine in yet, ive had some problems with credit cards, because believe it or not my dad lives in beijing. ok, when i get it i will make an iso and see how big it is. If it is really big i will set up a server at my house and give you the link to the file, but i live in the US. If it isnt too big i know an ftp server that i can put it on that wont be too far away from you. or else i can copy it and just send you the cd or give it to my dad to take and he'll send it to you from beijing. Just lemme know what ya think.

Brent[/quote]

Hi Brent,
Did you ever get everything sorted out? and did you ever create the .ISO files? I too would be willing to pay you for your time as mine are gone as well, and OF COURSE toshiba is being a real pain in the butt to deal with about getting a set sent to me.
you may contact me at bcs1 at spamcop.net please use the subject line of Toshiba recovery CDs so my spam filters won't hold your email...
of course if you never got around to doing it, or no longer have the time to mess with it, it's cool, but hey... i had to ask...
Thanks
Bill
www.bcs-bcs.com
West side Cincinnati Rawks.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
halljkl
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Restore Disk Reply with quote

Hello,

Just like everybody else here i am after a copy of the restore disk, I can currently get a copy off someone for £60! I believe that is expensive is there anyone on here who can send me a copy in post/give me a download link/p2p link?

Thanks for the help

lewis

lewis.hall@inbox.com[color=blue][/color]
tsnorquist
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look around my shop and see if I have anything available. I have a few friends with these tablets too. However, was the recovery disks actually a partition on the drive?
halljkl
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: THANKS!!! Reply with quote

[b]Thank you ever so much,

I have found all the drivers and so on but there are loads however I canít find a copy of Windows XP Tablet edition anywhere to buy cheap/download. I have the key for it already on the bottom of my laptop so I copy would be fine. Am I right in thinking that the recovery disk also includes the operating system?

Thanks Again

Lewis

Lewis.hall@inbox.com[/b]
halljkl
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry forgot to ad,

no it isnt on a partition as i'd hoped as it was 2nd hand off eBay therefore it came totally wiped.

Thanks

lewis

lewis.hall@inbox.com
pos
Tableteer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: M200 Recovery Cd Reply with quote

Kindly add me to the list of people who wantone. I can offer a download of the M105 recovery cd's on my ftp site as part-exchange.

Looks like a load of factory-refurbished M200's on ebay right now, all with pre-installed hard drices. Nice machines, but no CD/DVD drive, and no build recovery program on the hard drive.
DaveTN
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Toshiba USA today and ordered a set of the M200 recovery disks. The process was quite easy and the cost was $39.00 (USD) For those of you trying to download and host images of the files, its not worth the effort and aggravation. Just call Toshiba and order the disks.

Also, FYI, you will need a certain bootable pcmcia cd drive to be able to run the recovery disks. I found that the Targus Noteworthy PCMCIA drive works for the process. Some are still available on ebay but MAKE SURE you get on with the 16 bit cable. The 32 bit cardbus adapter does not work for the restore.

I have not found a bootable usb drive that works for doing a restore either. There is a long discussion about this over at tabletpcbuzz.com

David
ronj75
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: m200 restore disc Reply with quote

I bought a m200 off ebay a few months ago. during use the whole thing crashed and lost the partition table. i spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out a way to restore it and made a custom dos boot image on the sd card. with some major working i got xp on it but its not right *no pen drivers/apps/misc glitches*.
im in seriouse need of a system restore/recovery disc and i know this is a older thread but it shows the most promise of any board i found. PLEASE if someone has a copy of the restore discs they can post/mail/whatever i'd be very grateful. i cant order them from toshiba because im going through school and dont currently have a job. plus trying to figure out how im gonna pay for my wedding in october. *sigh..*
please email me if you can help ronj75@gmail.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: