Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digitizer weirdness

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Acer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Digitizer weirdness Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a C303xmi and I noticed that whenever my pen gets closer to the bottom edge (by bottom edge, I mean the part of the screen that is attached to the hindge) of the screen, it will "accelerate" to the bottom of the screen so sometimes it is very hard to point to a scroll bar when it is oriented in the portrait mode. It does it even in landscape so when I go down to the bar at the bottom of windows, it would "accelerate" to the bottom of the screen and I would have to "nudge" to bring it back up. In fact, I can get closer to the edge of the screen and as I slowly move toward the bottom of the screen, you can see the arrow move away from the tip of the stylus off the screen.

Is this happening to your C303's? I've tried to recalibrate the digiter several times and even tried to adjust it by not pointing exactly at the cross hairs to see if that makes a difference but it doesn't seem to.

I've onlyi had it for a month, is everyone's C300 series behaving like this? Should I send it back for repairs!?

Please advise.

Thank you.

StevenL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an inverter problem by the sound of it see the post above c303
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
My C301 doesn't do this. I suggest that you contact Acer for a repair or take it back to where you bought it for replacement.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
killboy
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just got a 303xmi a few days ago from buy.com and it does about the same thing. When using the stylus, there is an area at the edge of the screen right near the hinge that "pushes" the cursor out from under the stylus slightly...out towards the middle of the screen. I can run my stylus along the bottom edge of the screen while in landscape mode and you can barely see the tip of the cursor until I slide across the hinge point where the cursor rises up. In portrait mode it makes scrolling a bit difficult...I have to have the stylus right up against the edge of the screen frame.

Regards,
Darryl Cannon
www.killboy.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 303XMi digitizer works flawlessly. I found that by turning the stylus sensistivity WAY down along with all other similar options the response became much more smooth and less hypersensitive. It seemed too slow at first but became second nature with use.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Acer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: