Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I ordered my Fujitsu TODAY! First Tablet!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: I ordered my Fujitsu TODAY! First Tablet! Reply with quote

I have read the forums, the reviews, emailed others for their input and I have FINALLY made the jump. I just ordered the ST5022D from Portableone. Hope to see it in 1-2 weeks.

I will be looking for some good tablet PC software soon but I guess that will be in another forum.
Very Happy
Jaymz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new "partner" (it will soon become one).

As for software, I find the following to be important,

Alias Sketchbook (fun for Art, expensive for fun but at least try the demo)
Art Rage (another art program, based more around original old-school painting, free)
Office 2003 Professional (I have found Outlook and Journal to be the best combo so far, superior to GoBinder IMHO)
Trillian (Combines AIM, MSN, IRC, etc etc all in one)
Maxthon (Superior replacement to IE. The advantages of a mozilla based browser, with the 100% compatibility of IE)
Alcohol 120% (use and make images, especially important if you dont have a CD drive)

Thats really about it (and other standard desktop applications).

You can go with Encarta/Britannica for full encyclopedia(s) at your fingertips. Dictionary programs, and ect. If you have many magazines you can look into Zinio reader and transfer your subscriptions digital.

The buety of the Tablet is anything you like on your desktop will run on your mobile tablet (hardware being your only sometimes limiting factor).

Other organizational programs include (most popular compared with Outlook and OneNote/Journal) Agilix GoBinder. I really have no superior preference. Though I found Outlook to be nice due to it incorporates E-mail and I was getting sick of my old e-mail client (built into Opera) which did not allow HTML e-mails. Also I had a copy of Office 2003 professional from a friend at MS so it didnt make sense to pay the $50 for GoBinder. There is also a program from Franklin Covey, but my 30 day trial somehow ended before I was even able to open it so no personal preference on that one.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: