Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphics power?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Graphics power? Reply with quote

How is the graphics power on this TabletPC? I think I read that it's internal graphics chip, 4MB? Can this handle softwares such as AutoCAD and other CAD/CAM softwares? I make a lot of drawings and it would be nice to be able to work anywhere (assuming that the screen is good enough for outdoors) with this TabletPC in my hand. And also I may be wrong about this but could you watch DVDs (with external player ofcourse) with this much graphics power? Thank you.
scoble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: graphics on tablet Reply with quote

It's not particularly peppy. I believe we have 16MB. I have to check and get back to you tomorrow.

It isn't designed for 3D work, though, or for DVD playback. I don't know if we're any better or any worse in those areas than other Tablets, though. I haven't had one to play with long enough to try these out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Graphics power? Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]How is the graphics power on this TabletPC? I think I read that it's internal graphics chip, 4MB? [/quote]

the specs at [url]http://www.neccomp.com/products/Versa/litepad/Specs.htm[/url] say it's 16MB...

Larry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the info. I found some tabletPC coming with DVD/CD-RW external players. Doesnt this mean that it should be able to handle DVDs? I mean the specs are smiliar (most Tablet PC) right? Has anyone tried to watch DVD movies?
scoble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: DVDs Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I haven't tried a DVD yet. I'm trying to get one to test, but all of our units are out being shown to customers. Sorry for the lack of information on this issue. We just haven't tested our unit out here for DVD playback. We do use USB 2.0 ports, though, so I wouldn't be suprised to see it all work OK. I hope someone who buys one of the first units tries this out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: DVDs Reply with quote

[quote="scoble"]I hope someone who buys one of the first units tries this out.[/quote]

<whiner>Ohh, Roberrrrrt! You mean I'm gonna have to play moooooovies on my new toy, when I get it?! Ohhhhhh....!</whiner>

Laughing

Hope I'm not dating myself there too much, with that one....!

Larry
scoble

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Can't wait Reply with quote

Larry,

I can't wait for you to try it!

Where did you order yours from?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't wait Reply with quote

[quote="scoble"]Where did you order yours from?[/quote]

Robert,

Amazon. I recall that you mentioned that their account is serviced by a third-party wholesaler, so you expected it to take a while longer.

grf... looks like it'll be the Ides of March before I see my VersaLite!

Larry
scoble

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Amazon Reply with quote

Yeah, I figure Amazon will get theirs on maybe the 12th. Might be sooner, though. I don't know the exact date when they'll leave our docks here. I'll know that for sure next week sometime and will let you all know more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: