Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ST5020 Sound and Dictation problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: ST5020 Sound and Dictation problem Reply with quote

I have a new Fujitsu ST 5020 Slate PC running Tablet XP SP2 with all of the updates. I am having problems with the audio/dictation as follows:

If I connect an external wired microphone the dictation system works very well, with good recording and playback volumes. However, if I use the two built-in microphones, or a Jabra 250 Bluetooth Headset, the volume levels for recording are so low that they hardly register on the sound meter, and the recording quality is extremely poor. The audio settings are all correct for whichever device I am using and the Jabra headset receives a good playback volume though the earpiece. I have also updated the soundcard drivers to the latest version (it has a Sigma onboard sound card).

Fujitsu have replaced the product once as they were unable to diagnose any other problems other then a hardware fault. I suppose the new one could have the same fault but I think this is unlikely.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or does anyone have any suggestions?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: