Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where do we buy accessories?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Russell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Where do we buy accessories? Reply with quote

Where can I purchasse these two items?

USB Cable PortBar with AC Adapter -- OP-560-74702

Executive Carrying Case -- OP-LPAD-ECS

and thanks to the person who posted the photos of the tablet accessories on this forum website, the Exec Carrying case is exactly what i need for 1 on 1 powerpoint presentations

rick russell
Rick Russell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Accessories Reply with quote

here i am answering my own questions

Joan Forster from NEC steered me to CDW for the USB Cable PortBar with AC Adapter -- OP-560-74702, the cost is $179 and the order will be shipped in 2 weeks

Joan advises the Exec case will be available in April 2003

my tablet is working flawessly

I am a little clumsy with the pen, and I am also fussing with different ways to hold the tablet while i write, having it flat on a table like a paper notebook doesn't seem to work well for me, its hard to see the full screen, unless i hunch over it which is uncomfortable

when i hold it in my arm, it feels better for writing, and it doesn't get too hot if anybody is concerned about that, the warmth actually feels kinda' nice

the first generation stand is a little flimsy to prop up a two thousand dollar machine, and I'll see how it holds up in the field, i had some challenges setting up the stand, its not intuitive, and of course I am not allowed to read the manual being a man and all

i really like the instant screen rotation feature, potrait is so much better for Word, whereas landscape seems better for excel and powerpoint, i don't know yet whether I can plug in an LCD monitor, and have my schedule on one screen, and a document on the other, i'll see

rick russell
boca raton, florida
561-498-3150
scoble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Accessories Reply with quote

Rick,

Nice talking to you on the phone this morning.

Yeah, we have plenty of the USB Cable Portbars in stock. Joan's right. Cases won't be coming from us until mid-April. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything else. If you find a nice third-party case, please let us all know too. I know http://www.targus.com and http://www.agoraleather.com sell a variety of cases.

On the left side, under a flip-out door, is the VGA port. Let me know how it works for you. I don't think ours supports dual monitors. If it does, let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
metallel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Accessories Reply with quote

[quote="scoble"]
Cases won't be coming from us until mid-April. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything else. If you find a nice third-party case, please let us all know too. [/quote]

I just came back from Office Depot where I found a Samsonite Leather Zip-Around Bi-Fold Writing Pad for 30 bucks. It fits [b]exactly![/b]

* Soft and Durable Full Grain Cowhide Leather Exterior
* Interior Features Card Pocket, I.D. Window, Pen Holder And Flap Pocket To Hold Papers/Documents
* Includes 8.5" x 11" Lined Writing Pad (I chucked that out Smile )
* Size: 13" x 10" x 1"
Model No. 950025/Black

To be fair, it's not an exact exact fit. There is some space around the edges, but not much. And you won't be able to include your cable or keyboard or anything (that's what backpacks are for). But it makes a great protective case for the unit itself, and has a sweet look and feel. I put my Litepad in upside down and backwards, so that the screen is facing the nylon backing that was holding the paper. I might end up mounting a soft cloth in there somehow for further protection against scratches.

Hope this helps.
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Dual Monitors Reply with quote

I did get my NEC to work with dual monitors.and yes, you can get different views on each monitor . you have to go into Windows settings and enable the two monitor view.
scoble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: nec ac adapter Reply with quote

I just learned that the part number for our AC Adapter was incorrect.

Here's the correct part number: OP-E120-ACADAPT

Suggested retail price is $79.

Sorry for the troubles if anyone ordered an AC adapter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
metallel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Automotive Litepad Usage Reply with quote

You can use your Litepad in your car by getting a 60-Watt DC-to-AC Power Inverter at Radio Shack for $40, and then plugging your AC adapter into it. The AC adapter puts out 19 Volts and 2.64 Amps, or about 50 Watts, so it works fine. I could tell it was working because the battery charging light came on when I plugged it in. I'm probably going to get a second AC adapter and just leave it in the car, so I don't have to keep unplugging the one in the living room.

Thanks to the form factor, I can put the Litepad in the mesh pouch behind the passenger seat. I put it in face down against the vinyl seatback, so that the mesh doesn't scratch the screen, and so that it gets adequate ventilation. Then I plug in my cassette adapter for audio. Voila: the most expensive MP3 player in town Smile

Now if I can find a good wireless mike for it, I can experiment with telling it to do stuff while driving.
gbronzer
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a second AC adapter for work, but it's hard to stomach $80 for a plug. I mean, it's just a power converter, and that's almost as much a battery. I'd put up with a much bigger power brick if it meant a cheaper price.

Greg
jimpilot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Wrong Power Supply Reply with quote

I ordered an extra ac power supply and CDW sent the wrong one. They were great about it, paid for shipping the wrong one back (picked it up at my door) and will overnight me the correct one as soon as it comes in.
Only problem is they're backordered with an unknown stock date. Robert, any idea when they will be coming in?
I want to wait for the NEC case but the one above does sound good. Only reason to wait is the stand just doesn't cut it. If I touch the unit while in the stand it falls (dispite the stand being carefully locked). Since the NEC case acts as a stand also, I guess I'll wait (as long as it's not $100 or something).
scoble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: AC Adapter Reply with quote

We have plenty of OP-E120-ACADAPT's in stock. Have CDW place an order and they'd have theirs in a few days.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: