Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wich tabletpc to buy for a (new) family physician?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Physician's SIG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luclaf
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: wich tabletpc to buy for a (new) family physician? Reply with quote

Hello there,

I'm a family physician resident. I'll finish my training in 4 months and I'm willing to buy a TabletPc. I will tell you what I will do with it and if anyone can help me, I would appreciate! I have 2 questions. 1) wich tablet pc to buy 2) wich printer to buy...

About the tabletpc:

I will be doing primary care in a busy private medical office where I'll use electronic patient files. I'll also work at an emergency room and in obstetrics at the hospital. I plan to use the pen and dragon naturally speaking (medical suite) for taking notes. I don't mind to train the tablet pc with my voice and my writting.

I'm looking for a slate or hybrid tablet pc. I want at least 12 inches of screen size and no more than 14 inches (weight is important for me and I will look at patient radiographs on my tabletpc), enough memory to run DNS (dragon naturally speaking). I wish to use some keyboard from time to time.

I would not say that price is not important, but it is secondary. One of the most important thing is the after sale service. I want to be able to reach easyly post sale service for debugging help and I want to be able to exchange rapidly (< 1 week) the tablet pc if it is to be repaired. I also think that optical driver is essential. I also need a tablet that would be able to run >= 4 hres.

I've been reading a lot from internet in the last 2 months. I'm am almost ready to buy it. My actual 3 choices would be:

Electrovaya SC3000
Fujitsu ST5020 (or any adequate in the serie)
Motion LE1600

Can you help me? The problem I have with the SC3000 is the absence of review... With the Motion is that I don't know the aftersale service.

About the printer:
I'll be transporting it from office to E.R. so it has to be solid. It should be able to print in black in white AND in color (with different ink cartridge...). It has to work with the tablet pc. It has to be easy to bring everywhere. I might print text and drawing with but certainly not photos (high quality/photo is not an option).

That's all. Thanks by advance for the answer!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Physician's SIG All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: