Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

st5020 penabled?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azel
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: st5020 penabled? Reply with quote

hello, i'm researching slate tablets at the moment. i was wondering if the stylistic st 5000 series is penabled. i would use it sketch primarily, so hopefully it is capable. also, would anyone happen to know which tablet pc is known to have the best color accuracy, viewing angle, and viewability in different lighting conditions? it's so difficult to find out this kind of information! Thanks!
Jaymz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: st5020 penabled? Reply with quote

[quote="AZEL"]hello, i'm researching slate tablets at the moment. i was wondering if the stylistic st 5000 series is penabled. i would use it sketch primarily, so hopefully it is capable. also, would anyone happen to know which tablet pc is known to have the best color accuracy, viewing angle, and viewability in different lighting conditions? it's so difficult to find out this kind of information! Thanks![/quote]

Q: Is the ST5020 Penabled?
A: Yes most mainstream tablets these days are built on the Wacom Penabled technology. I beleive there was a major tablet built on some other digitizer that was not penabled, maybe someone has more info but I'm not sure they are still around.

Q:Color Accuracy?
A: All tablets should be in the same range here, I do not really know the difference between all the screens (SXGA vs. XGA vs. TFT etc.) but I think tablets all run the same screen, in which case color accuracy (under the same conditions) should be the same.

Q:Viewing Angle?
A: I haven't heard too much on this but I know fujitsu sells many tablets (and it may be ALL their new ones) with a 160 degree viewing angle, which is impressive. I know the viewing angle on my M200 is terrible, its fine for me but hard to share things.

Q:Lighting Conditions?
A: All notebooks are sensitive to the lighting conditions, tablets even more so since normally they are facing the light source (screen up) where as notebooks are not. If you are at all worried about lighting conditions I would highly reccomend either Motion's or Fujitsu's outdoor screen option. Both are around $300 if I remember correctly, and both worth it in my opinion. Without it outdoor conditions are pretty horrid. My M200 works outdoor but I couldnt work outdoor (it has to be positions just right).

Hope that clears it up, sounds like the Fujitsu featuring the 160 degree, and outdoor screen, is your best option. That would probably be my first choice if going for a slate personally, I haven't looked at Motions new line since they dropped the M1400 for the 1600 but yeah... I'm actually trying to pick up a fujitsu right now but dont think I have the money to warrant such a purchase at this time.

Good luck, keep us posted!
azel9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jaymz! The info was very helpful. I had a tecra, but wasn't happy w/ its viewing angle as well and its inability to be viewed under different slightly stronger lighting conditions. So would you or anyone know how a fujitsu st5000 compares to a motion 1400 in terms of just viewing angle and sensitivity to light considering it has the indoor/outdoor display? Thanks.
Jaymz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are pretty similar when comparing outdoor to outdoor and indoor to indoor. You may want to head to TabletPCBuzz.com and ask in their forums because of the numbers of people there you should get a lot of responses.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: