Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do any major retailers have the LitePad on display?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Do any major retailers have the LitePad on display? Reply with quote

I am seriously interested in a tablet pc, and the NEC Versa is my favorite out of all of them. I am very much wanting to get a first hand look at it, and was wondering if any of the major computer retailers (compUSA type stores, ect) have them on display. Getting to actually hold a product is one of the best ways to sell something, and I know I would most likely buy it right then and there if I were able to. I know the stock is limited right now, so I imagine not many places would have them avaliable for demos. Is there a timetable out for any of the retailers?

Thank you for any information

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Scoble, who works for NEC, posted this reply in another forum to a person's question concerning whether or not the NEC tablet would appear in retail stores anytime soon:

"Not very likely anytime soon. My division only sells through 800#/Internet retailers like Amazon.com, PCConnection.com, or CDW.com.

We also sell through a variety of resellers (listed here: http://www.neccomp.com/partners/ ) and we're happy to announce a new reseller: Infocater (which sells mostly Tablets). Any of these folks will be able to order and get you NEC Versa LitePads as well.

We're evaluating brick and mortar stores, but really aren't setup to do that (retail is VERY expensive -- getting shelf space at Fry's, for instance, costs thousands of dollars per store and the profit margins we're making just don't make that a viable business choice right now."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. I suppose I will just have to take everyones word on the LitePad Smile
jimpilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Viewing the NEC Reply with quote

If you live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area you can come look at mine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer, but I'd have to drive (or fly) a few thousand miles westwards. (east coast) Smile
MichaelM
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll be in Boston end of May <G>.
benkopf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Tablet PC's on display at airports Reply with quote

Hi,

Microsoft supposedly is setting up evaluation centers at airports:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/airport.asp

I haven't been to any of these yet? Anyone else? What brands are being displayed?

Ben
benkopf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Just Noticed... Reply with quote

They have the manufacturer's that are on display at airports at the link I posted...duh.

Ben

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooo. No NEC at the demos?!
scoble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: No NEC, sorry Reply with quote

Nope, sorry. We're sold out of NECs so don't have them to put into airports.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: