Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fujitsu 4110 ??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: fujitsu 4110 ?? Reply with quote

how would you rate the fujitsu 4110 for a college student mainly using it to take notes>and what would be a reasonable price??thanks
lrhefner
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the 4110 for 3 years. No problems from a hardware point of view. I upgraded the Ram as soon as I could. The two issues I see for a student would be:

1) It does get HOT on the bottom right hand corner, be prepared.
2) Get an extra battery. If you run it on high (display and cpu), you can go through a battery pretty fast.
3) I also think that you will be dissapointed if you try to sit on the quad under a tree and try to read a .pdf or compose a paper. The screen just does not have that much juice.

I happen to really like this machine, but I use it indoors in meetings and for taking home at night where I have a wireless kbd and mouse as well as a 19" monitor that I have hooked up to the docking station.

I would get the leather portfolio case that holds the I/R keyboard and a small "wired" mouse. Makes a great portable desk. Get a small wired mouse, the wireless are great but I have had a tendency to leave them in when in a hurry and brake them off.

If you are a [b]download junkie, this is not the machine for you[/b]. Be real careful to load only the apps that you need. If you plan on use the writing feature as well as the voice recognition (both work fine), then you need all the RAM and speed you can get. You do not want to have a lot of junk loaded in memory. Keep the registry, startup programs and the auto-updating (not just windows) to a minimum. There is nothing worse that being in the middle of a project and some program decides to start indexing, or updating or whatever. This is a good machine but it is not a desktop.

I am now going through my 4th restore, only because I cant keep from putting "important" utilities on only to find out later that I put about 50 of them on and can't remember what they do, but man do they slow you down.

Hope this helps

layne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: