Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, anyone got one yet?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Ultra-Mobile PC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinky_ox
Tableteer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: So, anyone got one yet? Reply with quote

Got a Samsung q1 yesterday, and I have to admit to being more impressed than I thought I would be. *Much* nicer than my old first-gen HP tabby, a lot faster and nicer to use.

I had heard talk that Sammy were going to give away the USB keyboard and organiser case with it, but nothing of that sort showed up with mine (from Expansys). Anyone else get those? I'll probably end up buying them anyway I guess.

so, any other users out there?
Jaymz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but by the end of summer it's likely I will
BarryB
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Samsung Q1 Reply with quote

Had the Q1 for a few days now. Very impressed.
I normally use Macintosh hardware, so a little rethinking required.
I am a photographer and bagage weight is of prime importance. Over the last few years I have been using (and still will) portable hard drives like Archos and Phototainer. both very reliable but not access friendly as far as good quality viewing on location. I only work with RAW images and that also limits the type of storage that accesses the inbuilt 'thumbs' for viewing. Now with the Q1 I can store a reasonable amount of shots and with the excellent software IView Pro can do a slide show of all images. Plus all the Internet advantages of a PC.

Barry
metallic-silver
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnt have one-still figuring out which one to take- coz anyways i do need to get one so...
specialmerac
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: I would love to have one Reply with quote

I would really love to have one for me too Wink

http://www.freebiesms.co.uk.
minimage
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had an Asus R2H since late December, and, with the exception of the bad times when it was away for repairs (due to human error), it has been my constant companion. While the 900 MHz processor (no L2 cache) leaves much to be desired, I consider the touchscreen to be second to none. Writing is as pleasure; unlike with other UMPC, I can rest my hand on the screen or allow my finger to brush the LCD without much fear of vectoring. This is not to say I never have vectoring, because it happens on occasion.

Aside from-the processor speed, the reliability of the Asus drivers in Vista keeps me from complete satisfaction. I cant use the wireless card; it pops it and out of device manager (it didn't do than in XP). A couple of times a day, the touchscreen stops responding. Sometimes I can remove/reinstall from device manager and go back to working; other times, device manager hangs up, and that means I must attempt to reboot. I said "attempt," because what will happen is a BSoD. I've seen at least a couple of users (but not a lot) reporting what seem to be similar driver issues on the R2Hv. I'm still optimistic that Asus will release remedies. I can't go back to XP.

What all this means is that I will be shopping for a replacement late this year; I'm saving up. I do hope I can find something I like with a heavy touchscreen.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Ultra-Mobile PC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: