Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Targus Compact Flash Modem and LitePad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Doc

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Targus Compact Flash Modem and LitePad Reply with quote

I read in one of the forums that the new targus 56kCF modem works with the LitePad. I purchased one from America (I'm in Australia). I plugged it in and the software recognised it immediately and installed a driver. My software tells me the modem is working properly, but when I try and dial out the port can be heard initialising and then I get error message 680 which says there is no dial tone. I can use the cable and socket to dial out on my regular laptop. Have tried troubleshooter with no success and Targus help are completely useless and say they can only offer support if being used with an IPAQ.
Can any of you techno geniuses help or at least advise on me on a CF modem that will work. Incidentally we do have tone dialling here in Oz.
digital-doc

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Targus Compact Flash Modem and LitePad Reply with quote

[quote="The Doc"]I read in one of the forums that the new targus 56kCF modem works with the LitePad. I purchased one from America (I'm in Australia). I plugged it in and the software recognised it immediately and installed a driver. My software tells me the modem is working properly, but when I try and dial out the port can be heard initialising and then I get error message 680 which says there is no dial tone. I can use the cable and socket to dial out on my regular laptop. Have tried troubleshooter with no success and Targus help are completely useless and say they can only offer support if being used with an IPAQ.
Can any of you techno geniuses help or at least advise on me on a CF modem that will work. Incidentally we do have tone dialling here in Oz.[/quote]

Modems can certainly be a real pain and I am no expert but:

Sounds like the modem is working but no dial tone.
Check for conflicts in your Device Manager.
Ensure no other devices are using the phone line.
Use the same good cable you used with your working laptop.
Try using the initialisation string X1

[url=http://www.digital-doc.com/C2/EMR.htm]TabletPCs in a Medical Environment[/url]

"Good software makes us think, good hardware and software, changes our lives."
The Doc

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Targus Compact Flash Modem and LitePad Reply with quote

Thanks, Had already tried the first three suggestions. Could someone please tall me in very simple term what an X1 string is and how to use it.

Many thanks
digital-doc

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Targus Compact Flash Modem and LitePad Reply with quote

[quote="The Doc"]Thanks, Had already tried the first three suggestions. Could someone please tall me in very simple term what an X1 string is and how to use it.

Many thanks[/quote]

Device manager, modem and then properties of modem then advanced. Here is what the strings do:

http://www.help.powerup.com.au/modems/modemstrings.htm

[url=http://www.digital-doc.com/C2/EMR.htm]TabletPCs in a Medical Environment[/url]

"Good software makes us think, good hardware and software, changes our lives."
The Doc

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Targus modem working! Reply with quote

Thank you so much digital doc ...l am up and working! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> NEC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: