Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen Goes Black!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecubemonkey
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Screen Goes Black!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

When I swivel from tablet (portrait mode) to laptop landscape mode, the screen goes black and stays that way. The only way to recover is by turning the M400 off and then turning it back on.

Any suggestions? And I've tried to turn it slowly, quickly, and at a medium speed and the results are still the same. Oh..and it doesn't do it all the time. Probably once every 3 swivels.

Thanks!
TCM
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Did you upgrade the video drivers from the ones that Toshiba offers? That has caused problems for other users.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
thecubemonkey
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not updated any video drivers. Are your suggesting that I do update?

I couldn't tell whether you were suggesting that the issue is the update of the driver or if it was the solution.

Thanks!
TCM
firegal
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had this problem with my M405. After countless hours on the phone with Toshiba, they sent me to an authorized service dealer. The short of the story is there is a plastic ring in the swivel that has broken and the computer thinks you have shut the screen. Mine first would not go into portait (tablet) mode and within hours started going black every time I moved the screen. After 3 days wait for parts to be delivered, I'm up and running like new. Hope this helps.
ah1971
Tableteer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Screen goes black Reply with quote

I am facing the same problem. I just got my brand new Toshiba Protege M400 two weeks ago. But the screen was going black whenever I change from tablet position (landscape) to notebook (portrait) postion. I talked to a Toshiba Level II technecian, but they had no clue. Their suggestion was to return it and get my new tablet replaced.

I returned the computer and got a new one. The the new computer started giving the same problem. I was very upset. After hours of discussion with a technician, I asked them to pass the call to their supervisor. The supervisor called me back. I explained again. Then she paased me to talk to a level III technecian. His suggestion was again to return the tablet again and get a new one. He indicated to me that it was a hardware problem.
I wonder how many PCs they have sold with this problem. It is very frustrating that I paid about $2100.00 for this machine but I had to go through all this.

I am now planning to return my tablet again and get a third one. I hope I will get a good one this time. If the third computer comes with the same problem, then Toshiba should recall all Proteges M 400, in my opinion.

Any thought.

ah
tsnorquist
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Here's a possible solution Reply with quote

... I found this patch at toshiba's website and it seems to be helping out my students problems right now.

[url=http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/b24896a.exe]Screen Fix for Blackouts on M400 series[/url]

I hope this helps

-TSN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Toshiba All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: