Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ST4110 Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTCNB
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: ST4110 Problems Reply with quote

I recently purchased a used ST4110 which was working great (Pen and Buttons on sides..Everything worked fine) , but it was booting Very Very Slowly. I decided to get some of the running programs off using msconfig, at the same time, I updated the Drivers for the Pen, Buttons, Video, Audio etc from the Fulitsu Site.

Now...I do not have use of any of the buttons on the side besides the CAltD button (the Fn button or the landscape to portrait buttons do not work), and neither does the Pen Function. The unit still works great as a PC (with KB and Mouse etc), But I already have a Desktop PC and a Laptop, so I do not need another.

I have contacted Fujitsu and they stated that since the BackUp or restore to Factory Default section of the Hard Drive was deleted, I must send it to them to restore to Factory Defaults.
Can anyone help me here?

It would be great to get the Factory Default files that are normally found on the HD of the OEM Machines, that way I can use Drive Image SE to reformat it to Factory Original. If anyone can help, please contact me here or by email at jtcnb@hotmail.com

Thanks

PS...I do have the Drivers an Applications Restore CD as well as the Serial Number on the rear of the Unit for XP Tablet Edition, hence anything that I can use will be legal.

As I am not a Tablet User (Was just trying somethine new) I would be willing to sell this to a person with more Tablet Experience, As I am sure it would be an easy fix to a person with the right knowhow and software. It comes with the Dock (CDRW/DVD) Wireless Mouse, and USB Keyboard as well as some software CD's. I bought it for $400.00 Canadian, and would like to at least get my money back.
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Fujitsu is the only source to get the restore CDs to fix the machine.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
JTCNB
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris,

Thank You for your reply.

Would I be able to order these from Fujitsu? And if so, any idea on the cost?

Would someone elses Restore CD work on my System?

I do have the Drivers and Applications Restore CD, but as the Back Up section of the HD was deleted, I cannot default back to Factory settings.

Would the CD from Fujitsu allow me to reformat to factory default?\

If anyone as ever sent thsir unit to Fujitsu to be reformatted to factory specs, can you advise me how much it cost.
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Fujitsu can sell you replacement CDs. I do not know the cost.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
JTCNB
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

I was just informed that Fujitsu will fix the problems if I were to send the unit to them, at a $150 cost + S&H. I chose to have the CD's sent to me at a $35 fee + $9 S&H.

You can only choose to do the CD option yourself if you have the docking station for the unit.
Tedthelad
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Restore system to ST4119P Reply with quote

Hi,

I too have just bought a used ST4110P which has been wiped clean. However, in the UK the only source of spares is from Service Source Europe Ltd and they could not supply the restore CD's for an ST4120 that I had. Sent me one CD at a cost of 45 but on trying to install, it asked for a second one and Service Source did not know what I was talking about, said there WAS only one CD.

As these tablets have the official COA certificate on the back, obtaining and installing 'copies' from another user would be quite legal. Can you or anyone else offer to supply copies?.

I have a Tablet Version of XP but it lacks the necessary drivers for Fujitsu models. These can be downloaded but MUST be installed in a specific order or the whole installation has to be done again. I would prefer to resort to the original Windows 2000 Professional as I have the COA for that.

I do have a complete set of re-installation Cd's for the ST5120 (another tablet that I recently bought).

Ted
alienrat
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Restore system to ST4119P Reply with quote

[quote="Tedthelad"]I too have just bought a used ST4110P which has been wiped clean. [/quote]

Got to love ebay. I got one of those too. I have installed windowsXP and it seems happy enough, except it is going to need activation soon, and I don't have any spare licences.

I thought I could stick tabletXP on it, but as it is just an 800mhz I though it may not be great performance (I had a TC1000 - I don't want the same performance).

[quote="Tedthelad"]I have a Tablet Version of XP but it lacks the necessary drivers for Fujitsu models. These can be downloaded but MUST be installed in a specific order or the whole installation has to be done again. I would prefer to resort to the original Windows 2000 Professional as I have the COA for that.[/quote]

That is what I was planning (I don't really care much about the OS as I am using it as a kitchen touch screen computer), but al the drivers on the fujitsu page say windowsXP, the front has the 'designed for windows XP' wheras the back of the machine has a sticker for 2000. Presumably those drivers can work with 2000 too?
alienrat
Tableteer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer, it works on windows 2000, but it is a real pig to set up manually, and you need additional drivers that you don't need for XP.

Certainly not recommended
teepee
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: saying hi. and ive just bought the same model Reply with quote

from ebay of course. mine too has win 2000. ive been told xp tablet works fine onthem. i have xp tablet but ive lost my cd key. damn. and you cant buy a copy im told. i have a problem when i turn the screen to landscapethe touch is all over the place. any help here would be appreciated.
karna1
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: ST4110 cant detect usb cd and cant install xp from HDD parti Reply with quote

Dear Gurus
I just got this fujitsu st4110 which was wiped clean...bugger!I am trying to install Xp tablet addition with no luck. please help me. I used following methods.

No luck from CD install--------------
I tried to install Xp tablet from CD but unfortunately usb cd drive is not being detected.
i have tried two different type of usb driveswith little luck

No luck from HDD dos based patrition Win XP install.----------
the windoes copies stuff to HDD but can not boot with the files.
fujitsu just waits with blank screen with fan on.

Backgrounf info------
i have updated to bios 1.20 succesfully
I have used Fat32 hdd partition to copy i386 folder.mad two partitions c and D with C: as active partition.

so guys please tell me what method shall i use?
which drive to use
am i missing something?

please help me

cheers
karna
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: