Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ST5032 Bio password help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pacman
Tableteer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jaymz"]Actually they aren't bad.

They match up with Windows XP. Home is $200, Professional (Business) is $300. They are releasing many more version of Vista, I don't think they have released the differences yet but we know the two basic ones match up price for price.

However, as far as I know in the past you've never been able to upgrade for $100, that is pretty cool.

Those first prices you see ($400!) are very startling, but those are definately more business oriented versions that probably incorporate some serious server software or perhaps even come bundled with Office?[/quote]

WHATTTT? I just saw Window XP home Edition At FRY's Electronic for 79 dollars where did you get the 200 from?
Jaymz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6709047&st=windows+XP+home&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1083713449003]Best Buy = $200[/url]

Fry's does not count, when their items go on sale it is incredible- but not representative. I wouldn't be surprised to see prices go down a bit though pre-Vista release.

I guess I was wrong, they did release upgrade options for windows XP for cheaper, but they weren't released until after the XP release.

I'm bothered by none of it though, I'll probably get Vista pro for $20 Wink Microsoft connections rule. Desigined a cookbook for a Microsoft guy and he helps me out with MS products!
Pacman
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jaymz"][url=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6709047&st=windows+XP+home&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1083713449003]Best Buy = $200[/url]

Fry's does not count, when their items go on sale it is incredible- but not representative. I wouldn't be surprised to see prices go down a bit though pre-Vista release.

I guess I was wrong, they did release upgrade options for windows XP for cheaper, but they weren't released until after the XP release.

I'm bothered by none of it though, I'll probably get Vista pro for $20 Wink Microsoft connections rule. Desigined a cookbook for a Microsoft guy and he helps me out with MS products![/quote]

Correct me if im wrong, so once the Vista is installed, I will pretty much have all the Tablet Edition Features correct?
Jaymz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we haven't really been told as far as I know. It is unlikely one of the more expensive versions is for Tablets (unlikely they would charge more) but it seems unlikely by default they would install because that would cloud things up for those not on tablets.

I wouldn't be surprised for Vista to detect if your on a tablet or not and automatically install the needed stuff.

Either way, you shouldn't have to do anything special. At the most they would make you go to MS Update to download them.
Pacman
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jaymz"]Well we haven't really been told as far as I know. It is unlikely one of the more expensive versions is for Tablets (unlikely they would charge more) but it seems unlikely by default they would install because that would cloud things up for those not on tablets.

I wouldn't be surprised for Vista to detect if your on a tablet or not and automatically install the needed stuff.

Either way, you shouldn't have to do anything special. At the most they would make you go to MS Update to download them.[/quote]

hmm that makes sense...well thanks for all the information really preciate yah.
Jaymz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure!
Pacman
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 more question Im thinking of taking the CMOS chip out myself on the ST5032 the only problem is I dont know where its located , and i dont think fujitsu will help me because its a 2nd hand PC .....so could you maybe give me the description of the BIO chip or what it says on it? and what kind of tool would i need THX
Jaymz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about that one. You may want to try talking to tech support or chatting/e-mail whatever. They probably aren't supposed to tell you, but you might get someone who is willing to.

Personally I wouldn't reccomend it, are you just trying to reset the bios password?
Pacman
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jaymz"]I have no idea about that one. You may want to try talking to tech support or chatting/e-mail whatever. They probably aren't supposed to tell you, but you might get someone who is willing to.

Personally I wouldn't reccomend it, are you just trying to reset the bios password?[/quote]

Yea, trying to , but its impossible on this thing , taking off the battery doesn't work so the only think i can think of now is to Replace the whole bio chip......and since you don't recommed me sending email i guess i wont then LOL
Jaymz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no I meant I wouldn't reccomend trying to take it out. You may want to try TabletPCBuzz.com, their forums have a lot more traffic and you may find someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to CMOS.

Chris might know too though.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: