Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX210X for Graphic Designer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Gateway
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver1126
Tableteer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: CX210X for Graphic Designer Reply with quote

Hi there, Im a graphic designer, and Im looking for a tablet Laptop to bring with me to clients etc. Im not really worried about the weight of the laptop so much, as I am with speed, and it being able to handle the programs.

Is there anyone who has recently bought one that can give me some insight?

Thanks!

Sylvia
Jaymz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My intial reaction would be to recomend against the Gateway. I am working on confirming all this but it appears the Gateway is -at best- half the sensitivity of the Wacom digitizers used in almost all other tablets.

Honestly for a graphics designer I wouldn't reccomend anything out than a slate. I know the weight issue blah blah blah (I say that because those are the exact words I used) but it really does make a difference. Most importantly weight = bigger. The bigger the size the harder it is to use comfortably- and thus efficiently.

Other tablets offer the power, the Toshiba unit is more expensive- and doesn't solve the size problem that I addressed- but it does put you into a Wacom digitizer. If you really aren't sure what you want I would highly reccomend picking up a Motion M1400 or TC1X00 off Ebay for a good price to get the feel of what you want. Otherwise you can go to the link in the Announcements to see the company (ALLTP) that lets you try a tablet out for 42 hours. It would be a great way to get a true feel for what you want.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Gateway All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: