Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawyer Tablet PC Software
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Lawyer's SIG
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Lawyer Tablet PC Software Reply with quote

Anyone know of a software solution for Lawyers using Tablet PC handwriting technology? I have not yet found anything doing a search. Help?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the problem that you are wanting to solve?
digital-doc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know attorneys that use specific legal software on their PCs that help them track clients and cases etc. I don't recall the name of the software but it should certainly work on a TPC. Any software that works on the XP OS will work on the TPC.

[url=http://www.digital-doc.com/C2/EMR.htm]TabletPCs in a Medical Environment[/url]

"Good software makes us think, good hardware and software, changes our lives."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,
I am looking for software that is specifically designed for the legal industry and has the appropriate inking technology. Something like Notetalk, which isn't out yet. and Dragon Naturally Speaking Legal edition, etc. I was just hoping there was more out there designed around the TPC for the legal industry, than what I have currently found.
Again, thanks for the feedback.
digital-doc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]Thanks Guys,
I am looking for software that is specifically designed for the legal industry and has the appropriate inking technology. Something like Notetalk, which isn't out yet. and Dragon Naturally Speaking Legal edition, etc. I was just hoping there was more out there designed around the TPC for the legal industry, than what I have currently found.
Again, thanks for the feedback.[/quote]

The medical field has the same dilemma with respect to EMR software. Some programs are more pen friendly with pop up choice boxes etc, but none are "specifically written" to take advantage of Journal or Notes. However, the TPC with its existing attributes can in fact often make an existing desktop application more robust by directly writing or dictating directly into the application. Remember, that the TPC is a subset of XP Pro OS. So any application that will work on the XP OS will work on the Tabletpc.

[url=http://www.digital-doc.com/C2/EMR.htm]TabletPCs in a Medical Environment[/url]

"Good software makes us think, good hardware and software, changes our lives."
Fritz
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple links that highlight some specific uses of Tablets within the legal profession.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2003/Apr03/04-08seattleu.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/casestudies/casestudy.asp?casestudyid=13516

Hope this helps,
gillesjm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Who's using what Reply with quote

Although not specifically for a law practice, and not focused on tracking dockets, lines, etc. - but more as file and document management software I have found a sheetfeed scanner, Visioneer's PaperPort 9.0 and OneNote to be a wonderful combination! My only complaint is that PaperPort can't show a of OneNote or Journal files. PaperPort was made (albeit ally) for a TPC environment. Pen interface works very well. Easy to maintain very large case files, documents, research, etc. all at the touch of a pen!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: woops Reply with quote

Ahh woops, now i get it.
TabletLawyer
Tableteer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Feel Free to Contact Me Reply with quote

I am a practicing lawyer with a company that sells and trains lawyers in using tablet PCs. please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
James
[url]www.TabletLawyer.com [/url]
Jaymz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Feel Free to Contact Me Reply with quote

[quote="TabletLawyer"]I am a practicing lawyer with a company that sells and trains lawyers in using tablet PCs. please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
James
[url]www.TabletLawyer.com [/url][/quote]

Poulsbo RV!! Hehe okay the only thing I know of in Poulsbo =P I grew up in Issaquah and live in Spokane now, whatsup =D
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Lawyer's SIG All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: