Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

viewing angle of the C213tmi compared with C204tmi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Acer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyndadrian
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: viewing angle of the C213tmi compared with C204tmi Reply with quote

Hi I am new to the forum and would like any advice offered by members.

Problem:
Recently received a C213tmi via insurance company as a replacement for damaged C204tmi. on receiving this it was evident that there was an error with he screen when compared with the C204tmi. the machine was unusable in slate - landscape mode due to the viewing angle. sent back through Acer warranty 3 times without a positive result. 1st technical report stated that the "lcd cable had been reseated", however no change to the view of the screen. 2nd report stated "this is a fixed screen laptop and should be viewed at a desk" (obviously they had overlooked the fact that this was a tablet pc). 3rd report was less in-depth and stated "no problem found".

After many a phone call with Acer and reaching many a brick wall with individuals who donít appear to know a notebook from a tablet, I am finally trying to solve this problem myself. Unfortunately having no way of comparing my C213 to another C213, I have no defence.

I am in for the duration on this one and plan to gain as much evidence as possible before taking this matter further and possibly seeking legal advice

Anyone had the same / similar experience?

Ps unfortunately the machine was purchased through PC world Business (via insurance company) who only accepts returns that are deemed faulty by manufacturer.

Any advice / comments appreciated, many thanks

Adrian
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Acer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: