Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tc4200 keyboard mapping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Compaq/HP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unlucky
Tableteer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: tc4200 keyboard mapping Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently got a tc4200 and i'm extremely happy with it, especially now its loaded with 2gb of ram. One small problem though my keyboard map seems very messed up. The keyboard cant do a | as for some reason the forward slash key binds to # and ~ (when using shift) . Thankfully i can still get to forward slash as ~` key maps to forwardslash and hash (when using shift. Leaving me with out || making programming quite difficult! Endless going to character map to copy it in. Whats more bizarre is looking in the registry for where you can remap keys its empty. Using keyTweak and pressing the button shows that its registering as forward slash and line break as a scancode. But something is intercepting and turning it into a damn hash key! Any ideas? This has happened since i got the laptop, its a clean install from the recovery disk and makes absolutely no sense to me. I tried remapping fn + f6 (an empty to opcode) to forward slash and line but that gets interceppted to hash and tilde too! ridiculous : [
Please any help would be appreciated.
Paul.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Compaq/HP All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: