Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing in Excel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Tablet PC General Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khummer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Writing in Excel Reply with quote

Hi! I hope you can answer my question, as Compuserve failed to do so. For my business tasks, I want to use a tablet pc to go into the field which is a garden center with my list of 100 or so available plants and check into EXCEL how many of those plants this customer wants? I want to skip writing it on paper and typing it at the end of the day. I want to translate the handwritten numbers into type, and e-mail direct to the buyer. No customer wants to interface with you while you are typing, so I thought maybe a tablet pc might speed up the process esp. when availability during spring is so volatile.

Can the Tablet PC do this?
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Yes a Tablet PC can allow you to enter information into Excel and then e-mail it.

The critical thing to consider is creating an Excel spreadsheet to accomplish what you want as far as what information to gather. This is something that will take you some time to identify what format works best for you.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
Khummer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Writing in EXCEL Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know that when using EXCEL on the Tablet PC will allow you to write numbers rather than type them into the cells and e-mail directly to the buyer.

I am assuming it is fairly easy to write your number inside the cell and save it. Can the tablet than translate your handwriting in the various cells into type?

kh
Khummer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Excel Reply with quote

Hi! Still shopping around. Went to Fry's and tried their Sonic tablet out. The tutorial said that I could paste my EXCEL document that I have already created into their journal, and then I can write what I want and translate it into type.

Am I right? Can I write?

Kh
ouzome

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but once you import it into Journal you won't be able to export it back into Excel. You will only be able to print and/or refer to the Journal file.
You can also input text into Excel cells via the Tablet PC Input Panel, by using either handwriting or the pen-based keyboard. This is how I do it.
Khummer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Excel Reply with quote

Is it fairly fast for you to do. It seem cumbersome to hit the stylus on the cell and write and repeat the same process.

At least, I know it will work. Thanks for your option.

kh
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Tablet PC General Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: