Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

disabled student--TPC via VA and VocRehab

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RalphW
Tableteer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: disabled student--TPC via VA and VocRehab Reply with quote

I am a 37 y/o student, returning to college (major in Art, concentration in Graphic Design); have been diagnosed with Narcolepsy and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) for several years. I've been told that a TPC would be of great benefit for me in my struggles with alertness, attention and organization, as well as taking notes and keeping them organized. I've been researching the net for 4 months now, trying to gather general information about TPC's in regards to such... Also, I'm trying to determine exactly which TPC would be best suited for me.

Specifications I have in mind: convertible, large screen, CD/DVD, high speed & memory, weight & cost are inconsequent... So far, the best that I've found are Gateway & Toshiba (especially since I can purchase & have them serviced at a local store in Birmingham).

I need to gather as much information as possible, as I will be submitting letters soon to the Veteran's Administration and Vocational Rehabilitation, requesting their financial assistance in purchasing a TPC.

Thank you for whatever help you can offer. Feel free to e-mail me personally if you'd like.

RalphW
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I also suggest that you look at the Acer TMC300 as well since it has a 1.5 ghz pentium M cpu and a built in DVD.

FYI, the Toshiba does NOT have a built in DVD.

Also, I suggest getting OneNote for your Tablet since it allows you to record notes and synchronize them with your writing so you can tell what note you took when you heard a specific event.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: disabled student--TPC via VA and VocRehab Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion... I looked up Acer's TPC, and you're right, it does look very good. After months of reading about TPC's, I finally got an opportunity to get my hands on one at the Gateway Country store in Birmingham... And I'm definitely hooked!

One question I have about Acer is its serviceability. That's one reason I'm leaning to Gateway --they have a local store to go to...

Also, Gateway may consider hiring me as a representative at my college... Have to speak with the store manager next week.

OneNote is an absolute necessity for me. Also considering Sketchbook Pro, to use with art and graphic design.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Education SIG All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: