Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index Tablet PC Talk Forums
Forums about Tablet PCs, Ultra Mobile PCs and those who use them!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

experiences with st5000 series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgilna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: experiences with st5000 series Reply with quote

anyone care to share experience with the ST5000 slate?

thanks

--p

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had the 5000 for a few days, but like all of the fujitsu's I have used I found it very much to my liking. It has a great screen, and when coupled with the Fujitsu docking station and bump case its personal favorite. Linda

Linda A. Epstein
http://www.tabletpc2.com/
Godboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Fujitsu ST5000 Reply with quote

We Just purchased an ST5000 tablet for one of our corporate users. Overall I like the machine. the Sleeker design, and larger screen make it much easier to use. However There are a few issues I would note.

If you buy the Extended Battery, the tablet will not fit in the dock, SO in order to charge it, you would either have to plug the tablet in directly, or use an external charger.

Also we usually put our own corporate image on machines, and while this worked fine for the ST4000 model, the ST5000 has been giving us nothing but problems. XP Tablet installs fine, as well as all the drivers, however the Digitizer will no longer respond to the pen, and the only button that works is the Ctrl-Alt-Del button. It's quite a weird problem. There are no errors showing in the Event Log, and the pen, and buttons work fine in the BIOS before windows boots. I have Fujitsu looking into this issue, and Hopefuly we'll get a fix.

So if you do decide to purchase one, do not try putting your own image on it.

Thanks,

Andy McMullen
filmboard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

Quickly becoming my only machine for all work -- including video editing and animation.
Benjamin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Fujitsu ST5022 Reply with quote

So you find the processor for the ST5000 series good enough for video?

I am still trying to decide on the Fujitsu, M1400 or the Sarah i213.

Ben
ChrisD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben,
The cons about the Sahara i213 is that it does not have a PC Card slot. Instead it has a CompactFlash slot. The pro is that it has a 6 wire FireWire port so you can use FireWire devices that require power such as an external DVD. Also it is a 1.3 GHz versus a 1.1GHz Pentium M cpu. The M1400 and the ST5000 have PC Card slots and 4 wire FireWire ports.

Finally the ST5000, i213 and M1400 use the exact same chipset for the video - the Intel 855GME. So I doubt you will see any signficant difference in the performance of the video.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
http://www.pocketpctalk.com
http://www.mobilitytalk.com
Benjamin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris. Looking at theM1400 vs the ST5022 now. Narrowed the search.

What would be the "dream config" for either of these machines?

Ben
filmboard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: video on 5020D Reply with quote

Ben,
Sorry I didn't answer you sooner. I'm using Sony's Vegas Video on the Fujitsu. Works great. In a stationary location I set it up next to another flat panel monitor for dual-monitor real-estate expansion. But, I really like it for location work, even capturing video directly from a JVC GY-DV500 while shooting. My configuration is max RAM and HD space. I also got the briefcase that holds a wireless keyboard but rarely use it.[/u]
PORTABLE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: ST5000 Reply with quote

Wink In have been using a St 5020 for over a yens. It has replaced my desktop since I simply use the docking station when at my desk. The docking does accept the larger battery you just need to drop down the bottom shelf by pulling it forward. I do extensive video presentations and find it to do an excellent job.I have had zero problems for over a year. We are going to replace all our laboratory notebooks this year with this tablet. Does anyone know when the 2-2.6 GHz processors will show up in this or other Tablets?I
PORTABLE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: ST5000 Reply with quote

Wink In have been using a St 5020 for over a yens. It has replaced my desktop since I simply use the docking station when at my desk. The docking does accept the larger battery you just need to drop down the bottom shelf by pulling it forward. I do extensive video presentations and find it to do an excellent job.I have had zero problems for over a year. We are going to replace all our laboratory notebooks this year with this tablet. Does anyone know when the 2-2.6 GHz processors will show up in this or other Tablets?I
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tablet PC Talk Forums Forum Index -> Fujitsu All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: